Andere Artikel dieses Herstellers
Andere Artikel dieser Kategorie
Autor: Arnold Robbins
Ausstattung: Buch, 906 Seiten
Lieferzeit: 2 Tage
Unser Preis: € 29,00 (incl. 7% MWSt, netto € 27,10)
ab € 49,- versandkostenfrei im Inland
As an open operating system, Unix can be improved on by anyone and everyone: individuals, companies, universities, and more. As a result, the very nature of Unix has been altered over the years by numerous extensions formulated in an assortment of versions. Today, Unix encompasses everything from Sun's Solaris to Apple's Mac OS X and more varieties of Linux than you can easily name.
The latest edition of this bestselling reference brings Unix into the 21st century. It's been reworked to keep current with the broader state of Unix in today's world and highlight the strengths of this operating system in all its various flavors.
Detailing all Unix commands and options, the informative guide provides generous descriptions and examples that put those commands in context. Here are some of the new features you'll find in Unix in a Nutshell, Fourth Edition:
* Solaris 10, the latest version of the SVR4-based operating system, GNU/Linux, and Mac OS X
* Bash shell (along with the 1988 and 1993 versions of ksh)
* tsch shell (instead of the original Berkeley csh)
* Package management programs, used for program installation on popular GNU/Linux systems, Solaris and Mac OS X
* GNU Emacs Version 21
* Introduction to source code management systems
* Concurrent versions system
* Subversion version control system
* GDB debugger
As Unix has progressed, certain commands that were once critical have fallen into disuse. To that end, the book has also dropped material that is no longer relevant, keeping it taut and current.
If you're a Unix user or programmer, you'll recognize the value of this complete, up-to-date Unix reference. With chapter overviews, specific examples, and detailed command.